Saturday, March 11, 2006

Unemployed

Technically, right now, I'm unemployed. That was the loneliest walk through the parking lot yesterday.

Just like the refreshing rain in Arizona there is a fresh beginning awaiting me.

I remember long ago when I was young and immature. I used to get insecure that no one would like me, so I would try to find ways to look cool and important. I can't believe how far I've come. I have a great job (ahead of me), tons of friends all over the world. A family that loves me. Someday, I'll find Miss Right and we'll have a great family of our own. I can't believe that I used to actually pick on the younger kids. I can't believe that I used to try to fill the empty void in my life by finding others weaker than me to pick on. How immature? What a cop-out. When someone was better than me at something and I was jealous I would lash out at helpless people to make myself feel better. Now? Now I have the confidence to know that no matter what, no matter how bad life gets, I will survive. I will come out on top. I may not be the smartest web-master in the world. I may not have the power to hack into a government site. But I do know how to make a kickin' website for myself and my interests. I may not be the best engineer. I may not know all the inner workings of an integrated circuit. But I know why a cable-stayed bridge is better than a suspension. I know how to calculate the tensile force in a truss member. I can calculate the thermal load of a heat sink attached to a microprocessor. I can calculate the wind resistance of any object. I have implemented millions of dollars of cost-saving ideas on medical device manufacturing equipment. I can write ladder-logic to control automation machines. I can program a robot. I may not be able to build a house, but I've build a solid-oak night stand. I've carved a bear out of a single block of wood with no pattern.

Call me what you want, say what you will....call me fat, say I'm ugly, call me a pussy, talk bad about me behind my back, throw stones at my house, key my car, slash my tires..

I don't give a rats ass about you or your insecurities.

I've got a GREAT life goin for me, I'm living it the best I can and I'm proud of who I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

J, You're a real catch, and don't you forget it.:)

I dream of cable-stayed bridges. Or rather, I have nightmares of the floating bridges going down in the next windstorm or earthquake.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

It's nice to "hear you smile", J. Just when you think life might stay humdrum until you're blue in the face, it rains - or the sun shines bright. Whichever it is you need at the time :)

You're a sweetheart.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home