Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You can take the Hitman out of the South

Well, it is official now--I'm moving to PA! I've been given a new opportunity to try something completely new and exciting. I'll be getting out of the South and into the Snow Country (what's a snow tire?). I should be starting later this month. I'll be at my current job for another week and a half so I'll be blogging for sure until then. After that, it will be hit or miss. Anyone in that part of the country want a roommate?

On another note, today is Ash Wednesday. You know how we Italians take our Catholocism seriously. AW marks the begining of Lent--the 40 days before Easter representing Jesus time in the woods fasting while preparing to die. It is customary to make a sacrifice in rememberence of Him. This Lent I'm watching my potty mouth. No cussing for 40 days....dangit, shucky-darn! Hopefully this will help me tone it down a bit in my everyday life beyond Easter and make me a better person. I also am going to resolve to start attending Mass again. God has blessed me with a new opportunity and I need to show my respect.

Have a happy day, y'all yous guys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

I started working on my language when Lucia was born. (I'd already had a few slip-ups as a children's librarian.) Here are a few alternatives I've come up with:

-"rubbish" and "garbage" for shit (If you ever use "sugar" as a substitute, I'll revolt. It's wretched, I tell you, wretched.)

-"guts" (general expletive, taken from one of the Ramona Quimby books, but in a pinch, replaces fuck)
-"wretch" for bitch

The way I look at it, nature abhors a vaccuum.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

Congratulations on your new job, Johnny Clamps. Does this mean that you're out of the waste management business? Also, where in PA are you going (if you can say). My Landlady has relatives in Lancaster County.

10:50 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Nonny & LadyK - Thanks for the rubbish wretches.

Alkelda - Thanks for the support, sugar!

Brad I will be in the Allentown/Philly area. I'll be eating Cheesesteaks often! My primary (for the IRS) job will be different, however I'll still deal with waste management.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home