Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Stress Fatigue

In college we studied the strength of materials. We learned about stress and strain and fatigue.

Little did I know then that the stress, strain, and fatigue I would deal with on a daily basis was not that of structural steel or aluminum--it would be that of J.

I found out Monday that I have to have my Performance Objectives entered into the system by next Monday. Not a major deal, but it takes time and that time HAS to be at work due to the corporate firewall.

I was asked earlier this year to give a presentation at a Corporate Global Conference. I'm honored, I really am! However, my presentation has to be submitted to the conference coordinator by Monday as well.

That's all on top of this new project I've been working on--which has really been a blast so far! We got money approved and I've started buying equipment. I might even get to travel back to OH in a week or two! The timeline for this project is much more accelerated then I would like, but I guess the stress is what brings out the best in me.

Ok, back to the drawing board*.

No, engineers don't still use drawing boards. We have ONE over in the drafting department that is used to hold a couple of notebooks and for nostaligia.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Your so fucking cute, jesus!

"which has really been a blast so far!"

Only you would say something like that-douche!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Dude! You just gotta do the conference thing. That is righteous, man!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Lady K is seeking advice. Anyone who can tell her WHY Chicken Little was wrong is asked to reply to her site.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home