Friday, February 17, 2006

Gift Horse

One of my co-worker's parents were displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Today she was talking at breakfast about how her folks FINALLY got their trailer and when they DID get it, they had to wait for the inspector to give them the OK to move in. "My dad has been trying to call them for weeks!"

If my house caught on fire due to a lightning strike, would the federal government step in and give ME a place to stay? NO. Victims of this HORRIFIC tragedy should feel VERY blessed for what they have been given from the government. You are getting free temporary housing! Don't sit around and bitch about how ugly the carpet is.

I'm trying to be sympathetic, but I'm just really SICK of people EXPECTING a hand-out from the government. No WONDER my taxes are so high!

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Why don't you tell us how you really feel :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lana from IP address: said...

I agree with you 100%
They had long enough time to find housing. But they feel we owe them something. I think that is BS.
They need to get off their lazy asses and find house. What do they expect? that we house them for the rest of their lifes.
Enough of WOO is me.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home