Monday, October 31, 2005

Aparently I didn't get the memo, but clearly you're supposed to weare orange and black to work today.

Forgive me for not beeing all trendy and festive. No, I'm not wearing red and green in December.

And what's up with Trick-or-Treating by car? When did Halloween transition from a fun evening of running around carefree scaring those younger than you and being scared by those older than you, TP'ing houses and egging front doors to a social event where we have to take the kids to Mom and Dads, aunt and uncle's, or skipping it all together and just going to the "Fall Fest" at Church. Halloween is a damn church holiday to begin with! The Catholic church started it, if I'm not mistaken (Alkelda, you're so good with this kind of stuff). Why do these sects of conservative scaredy-cats have to take the fun out of the evening?!

Well, bah-humbug. I'm handing out safe, unpoisoned candy. As much as you want. Next year, my goal is to scare the bejebus out of anyone who approaches my door. I've got several ideas already--most of which will require every ounce of my Engineering degree. Oh yes, there will be wet pants.

J

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

My we're a bit grumpy about the whole thing aren't we. I never did much care for Halloween, though it has gotten better since I had my own kids. I can't stand the punk teenagers who barely wear a costume and still expect candy. Orange and black NEVER looks good on anyone.

4:23 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Not grumpy or bitter. I just remember the good old days when kids could run free and have fun. Now, we have to strap a cell phone on them and call them every five minutes cuz we can't trust them to get ready for school on their own.

J

4:34 PM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

All Hallow's Eve predates Christianity, I think, but the Church has All Soul's Day (October 31) followed by All Saints Day (November 1). This is the month in which we commemorate the Dead. My favorite of all the commemorations is the Mexican Day of the Dead. I just love it.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home