Monday, November 07, 2005

Pop sucks

It is official, there are now more songs on the pop radio station I listen to that I hate than ones I like. I'm searching for a new channel.

Ashlee Simpsuck (last name changed to protect Homer and Bart) hosted the Sirius Hits One top 40 countdown. Turns out, she has no diction in her speaking voice either!

The songs on Hits One I do like (i.e. "My Humps") are so over played that I don't want to hear them anymore.

Jakie Martling and Mitch Hedberg (stand up comedians featured on Raw Dog Comedy 104) are the two funniest guys I know.

Jackie does insult comedy. If you're offended by his show, then take a hike you fucking communist fat fuck. "The only reason I make fun of your weight is cuz I can't see your dick. Hell, even if he were naked, we couldn't see his dick. It must be fun to step up to the urinal and try to guess which fold of fat the piss is gonna come out of."

Mitch does random thoughts comedy. On last night's clip they played, he was pondering how nice it would be to able to go fishing and catch just a fish stick. It would make life so much simpler. "I would just have to reheat it. I would work for Mrs. Paul's. Give me a boat and some boxes." He also seemed a bit peeved with the TV show fishermen. "See they just catch and release. They're not gonna eat them. They are only trying to make the fish late for something. 'Sorry I was late, I was caught.' 'No way, let me see the inside of your mouth.'" Funny shit!

"The War at Home" is stil funny.
"The Simpsons" was a bit of a bust last night. Ok, enough with "Treehouse of Terror/Horror." Enough with the baseball humor. We all get it, you couldn't do your Halloween special ON Halloween cuz of the threat of a game 7. Just make Homer say D'OH! and choke Bart and have Lisa complain about something liberal and Marge cook and clean and I'll laugh on cue.

"American Dad" is the biggest gamble of the evening. Last night I crapped out. I'm gonna have to go back to my ol' reliable "Family Guy" to win my humor investment back. Yeah, the topics are getting further and further into the gutter, but I'm a single, 20-something male...

Ok, So I have a new game I want to play, but it requires me getting my damn camera out and going and taking pictures of the funny shit in my neighborhood. Apparently that is harder to do that you would think...for a single, 20-something male.

Have a great week!

J

8 Comments:

Blogger Amichai from IP address: said...

The Simpsons were a bit lackluster but I'm still a devoted fan. After only 17 (or is it 18) seasons, they are finally succumbing to mediocrity.

The war at home is quite possibly the most unfunny show I have ever seen. I've watched two whole episodes, and not once did I see the funny. To each their own I suppose.

Mitch Hedberg, however, is a comic god! He is one of my favorites and I almost cried the day I found out he died. It wasn't just his jokes were funny, he had the best and most unique delivery I've ever heard.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Pirate from IP address: said...

hitman sorry it took so long to get here. pop has been poop for along time.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Lady H, post the recipes!

J, I'm permanently hooked on Comedy Central Presents. I love so many of the comedians who swing through there. As for regular tv comedy...well, Family Guy and South Park take the cake for me. I've discovered that I watch WAY too much South Park, though. I know when they're gonna say, "You killed Kenny. You bastards." And when they're just going to roll their eyes and say, "this is getting old".

6:13 PM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

Personally, I was glad when Mitch Hedberg was pronounced dead.

It's a nasty thing to say, but I can't help myself.

9:44 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Why Madge? Explain, please. The guy had some raunchy stuff, but what upset you so much that you were glad he was dead?

J

9:50 PM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Hi J!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

"You can dance if you want to,
You can leave your friends behind,
'Cos your friends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
Well, they're no friends of mine."
--Men Without Hats

Ahhh. Things haven't been the same since the glory-days of one-hit Eighties pop music.

11:12 AM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

I'm 100% immune to raunchy - it doesn't bother me.

He does not use contractions when he speaks. Try it for yourself. Say a sentence without using a contraction and voila!

You are just as funny as Mitch Hedgberg.

Okay, me wishing he was dead was a bit harsh. But I'm glad there's nothing more coming.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home