Monday, October 31, 2005

What a bust

So, I got all in the mood (thanks to my Blogger Buddies) and came home and put my speakers in the window. I was playing Ride of the Valkyries, Night on Bald Mountain, and Toccata & Fugue in D minor. I light candles and put them on the porch and plugged in my fake wal-mart Jack-o-lantern.

I invited four co-workers to bring their kids over for treats. At the last minute, one of them bailed out. One stood me up. One came over with her three cute li'l kids. I had Cinderella, Miss Moffit's Spider, and a John Deer Salesman (ok, he was like 13 and kind of was just in it for the candy).

I didn't even get any 19 year old kids just looking for free candy...what a bust.

At least I have something to bring to work for my meetings tomorrow.

I won't be near a computer most of the day tomorrow. Try not to miss me too bad!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

I don't understand this whole inviting people over to get the candy. Christ, if you turn your porchlight on here they start lining up. We probably had like 120 kids. My sister's was even more. Do you live in the boonies or what?

6:53 AM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

happy day after halloween...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl from IP address: said...

Well, that stinks. I didn't get any either, but it's because I turned off all the lights and went to bed.

Great music choices though. I think I heart you.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Monkey from IP address: said...

You must live in one of those neighborhoods where kids don't congregate? Or you have a long scary driveway?

I so wish you lived in our neighborhood. Everyone here goes all out, but not with the panache of "Night on Bald Mountain".

Up here we also play "Ding Dong Ditch" about 3 nights before Halloween. The kids all run up to a house in a huge group, ring the bell and then scurry behind some trees, bushes, walls, whatever. The person answers the door and everyone jumps out and yells boo! Or if you're my child, you scream unintelligbly.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home