Friday, January 20, 2006

Goals for a new life

In the recent flick "Along Came Polly", Reuben Feffer (Ben Stiller) goes to an underground salsa club. He realizes this is important to Polly (Jennifer Aniston) and takes lessons from the best dancer in the club. What a great thing for a guy to do for his love. Brad, I know you understand what a mesmerizing effect Jennifer can have.

I went out last night. There was little to no dancing. The band was voted "Best band in the Delta" by Delta magazine. It was country. The place was packed but everyone was drinking, not dancing.

This morning while brushing my teeth a techno song came on the radio. I realized that I DO like to dance. I LOVE techno and I often find me tapping my toes to Salsa. SO, my new goal is that in my next life, I WILL find some good techno and salsa dance clubs and I will frequent them and I WILL be good at it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amichai from IP address: said...

I used to do a little swing dancing and some ballroom dancing but then I realized I dance better without the music. It was the beat that kept messing me up

9:54 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

Hitman J,
I hope you dance in this life!

I spent much of my teen years dancing in my room. I was too cool (i.e. shy) to dance at school dances. In NY, I visited a number of nightclubs and had a good time, but I was mostly conscious of the fact that I was supposed to have a good time. My favorite kind of dancing is with friends, where we're enjoying the music, doing what we like, and if someone dances "funny" it's okay because it's honest movement.

I went to a salsa bar once, and had a wonderful time, even though I wasn't a salsa dancer. However, the best fun I had all evening was dancing with a Greek sailor guy in the corner who didn't know the salsa moves either but who was funny and sweet.

Oh, and that was the first and only time I ever danced the "Macarena." Nerd that I was, I didn't know it was a wildly popular song. I just thought it was hilarious.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Dance little Hitman, Dance like there's no tomorrow.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

Don't feed the trolls! Just delete the comment and all references to the comment (including this one). The trolls don't deserve your time or attention.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

Hey, you can dance if you want to,
You can leave your friends behind,
'Cos your friends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
They're no friends of mine.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home