Monday, September 19, 2005

Disappointment (and more HTML)

You all let me down, I tell ya what. Brad the Gorilla is the ONLY one who made any suggestion for cooking. I had to eat microwave dinners yesterday. Here I am inspired to cook and I get NO LOVE from the blogosphere.

Ahh, well...

It was a disappointing weekend for the most part. Yankees lost, most of the college teams I root for lost (70-17?!?!), the one football game I watched Sunday was great, but Jacksonville still lost.

I'm largely uninspired this morning. I decided I don't want to be another hornets nest and talk about Katrina (or the lack of effort by the LA government to do the right thing BEFORE the disaster).

So, I guess I'll just throw out some HTML: Links

<A HREF="website" target="window">Link Text</A>

"A" is the tag. HREF is the URL you want to go to. "Target" is the name of the window you want the site to open in. If there is no target, then it opens in the current window. If you don't have a pop-up blocker running, click on any one of my links. Notice it opens in a new window? I like to keep all the attention. So, whenever I link to a site that is not me, I make it open in a new window. So, Fridaysweb opens in a window called Target="friday". Once the window is created, it keeps the name. So if I have:
<A HREF="http://www.blogger.com" target="blog">Blog World</A>
and
<A HREF="http://www.google.com" target="blog">Google</A>

When you click on one of them, a new window would open and be labeled "blog". Since there is now a window open named "blog" the next time you click on one of those two, the site would be opened in the "blog" window. I try to give completely unique names to all my windows, this way, everyone gets their own space.

The "target" attribute is not allowed in the comments section, but is allowed in posts.

Ok, so links. Get it? Don't be scared to use it!

I love HTML, in case you didn't notice. I'm a geek. I like to learn new stuff all the time. I guess that's why I wanted recipes (you fuckers). I like to hear how other people do it. If you read one of my tutorials and you say to yourself "these poor fools! I can do this so much easier" then post a comment and tell me how YOU like to create your website.

J

1 Comments:

Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

little box, you and I can share some of your "special" brownies. Hitman, I'm a nerd, too. 'cept, I don't use html, I use pens and pencils. I have some of the shittiest artwork known to man all around my house. Unfortunately for my family, it can't be sold at a yard sale or donated to The Salvation Army. Because that would be rude...to me...since I slaved over it...yeah. Oh, and because no one would buy it. It's pretty bad when you're an art-nerd, ya know?

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home