Tuesday, October 18, 2005

In living color

I decided to spend the rest of my afternoon giving each of my links his or her own color. I did my best to match it to your blog. What a great guy I am!


If you, too, want to do the same, you can!

In you template, in the links area, add
<font color="#112233">:
BEFORE the name of the link, but AFTER the <A HREF> stuff.
Then add </FONT> After the name.

So it would look like this:
<li><a href="http://fridaysweb.blogspot.com/" target="friday"><font color="#FF7777">Fridaysweb</font></a></li>

putting it AFTER the HREF tag replaces the color and overwrites the normal colors for links.

The color numbers can be used here with no impact to the rest of the page. Color numbers however, cannot be used in posts, as it will foul up your comments pages....why? ask blogger.

you can also use color names i.e. color="red" but that limits you.

J

8 Comments:

Blogger madge from IP address: said...

Woot! I'm beige! I appreciate all of this HTML information, and the confidence you've given me to actually enter the strange world of HTML. It's not that hard. I actually Googled how to do the whole strikethru thing. Badass!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Show off ;)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

There's nothing limiting about the color "red!":)

11:34 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Alkelda, I'll have you know that not only are you not just "red" you were one of the most difficult to match! I love the deep crimson on your site, but it doesn't contrast well with the black, so I had to shade it up a bit.

m'Lady, there are two charts linked in my post way back on HTML that give th colors:
http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm
http://www.tayloredmktg.com/rgb/

Those help.

J

8:05 AM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

I'm pink? Mind you, I won't complain as I think it's right cute, but why did you choose pink? Or is it peach? I love the colors.

8:17 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Dunno, Amy. Your blog is black with white text. But, your avatar has some pink/flesh tone to it, so I went that route.

Do you have another preference? I could do WHATEVER you want!

J

11:41 AM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

It's cool. I never paid attention to my avatar. Is it time to change it, yet? I think I like it that color, now that I'm used to it. Besides, it's like hair color, right? I can go from a redhead to a brunette in 30 minutes - or I can just bug the shit outta you and have you change my "color" when I get tired of it. Heh.

12:50 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

You don't have to bug the shit out of me...just ask. You get preferential treatment around here!

J

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home