Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Can I PLEASE hit them?

My city has virtually no sidewalks. As a result, bicyclists must ride in the street. This is fine. This is legal and I don't mind sharing.

The problem is the idiots that think it is safer to try to squeeze in the non-existing shoulder and cycle INTO oncomming traffic. I assume their rationale is that they can see the cars and dodge them better than if they had to look over their shoulder all the time. So, as a result, we all have to swerve to avoid them and slow down. The other ones that piss me off are the ones who think they are impurvious to the rules of the road. If you are on a bike in the road, you are to obey the laws of the road. This means stopping at red lights and stop-signs. If you ride on the sidewalk, you are supposed to WALK your bike accross the crosswalks/street.

Oh, and
USE YOUR FUCKING TURN SIGNALS PEOPLE!

Please, just flick your wrist as you approach the intersection. If you are turning off the main road into a parking lot, etc, use "blinker before brakes." If you step on the brakes, I'm going to either step on mine, or go around you. I need to know what YOU are doing so I can drive safely behind you.

I'm getting a headache. I'm gonna go whack someone.

J

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

WOW, Impressive use of HTML. People in Ohio don't ride bikes so I can't comment on that.

11:21 AM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

nothing like a rogue biker...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Hey, I ended up posting today ;)

10:41 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Unlike me, the overworked slacker.

J

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home