Friday, September 30, 2005

Inclusion and inclusion

How ironic that the band I saw last night was named "Inclusion." After living in this college town for 2 years, I FINALLY found a member of my collegiate fraternity! A guy who sings at Karaoke every week was there. This week he gave a "shout out" to the frat...MY frat! Last night I saw him and asked him. Sure enough, he is a brother! I spent the evening meeting brothers and pledges. They now have my phone number and I'll get to join the reindeer games.

The band was good. Not excellent. They guys could sing reasonably well, I imagine. They needed to turn the mics up. ALl 4 of them sang lead at different times. The mix of instruments was well done. The songs they selected were all POP tunes, from Gin Blossoms to Gavin DeGraw.

I got to drink beer from the new Alumninum bottle. I got to listen to live music. I met some great people. I went to bed tipsy.

I get to spend the weekend with my new sweetie.

I don't know if Cloud 9 allows spend the night guests, but there's room up here for two!

J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous from IP address: said...

Sounds like you had a good night and your weekend is looking even better. I think you'll get more comments on this post than yesterdays. I was wondering if your "I heart HTML" was available as a bunper sticker :)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous from IP address: said...

PS: I'm really bored!

9:15 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

I comments.

9:32 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Anon,

the bumper sticker would read"

"I ♥ HTML"

J

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home