Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pirates, Music, and Baby's Mamas

Todays post will be in Pirate. American English translation below.


When I meet someone new, 'n' I want ta get ta know them better, I ask "what be yer passion? What one topic would keep ye up all night without tire?" fer me, this here be music.

So many thought swirlin' arround in me head this here morning. Little Box got me up on me soap box (relation?) about music with his post. See me comments. Tharr be so many great chanteys out tharr on the radio. Shiver me timbers! Unfortunately fer the music aficionado like meself tharr be at least three times as many crappy chanteys out there. ARR! ARR! I'm two pirates! Weed through the crap, however, 'n' ye can find some real gems. fer example, Missy Elliott's "Music Make Me Lose Control" be a relentless display o' poor grammarr 'n' ignorance, however, the texture o' the music 'n' backbeat be really cool. The ascendin' runs (synthesized computer, I'm sure) in the background be great. In classical music, ye'll find similarr runs, but not often in pop/rock/hip-hop. Black-Eyed-Peas ha' officially captured me ears. I own their two most recent CDs 'n' cannot find a thin' wrong with them! 21st century Funk, reminiscent o' James Brown. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! I wish the Barrenaked Ladies would put out a new album. Oh, 'n' BTW, let's belay callin' them records. Yes, they be recordings, but we're not cuttin' vinyl anymore. "Album" will suffice. If anyone would like ta discuss music some more, I'd be happy to.

Next on the agenda be Baby's Mamas. Blow the man down! Inspired by Hip-Hop, I'm all a rant about the total lack o' responsibility in society today! CONDOMS swabs! It has become socially acceptably ta fuck a chick, get 'er knocked up, 'n' get on welfare. ARR! Yeah, accidents happen, condoms break, pills fail, etc. But, hell, I think swabs arren't even tryin' anymore. That be handsome Pete! He dances fer nickels! I mean no disrespect ta the single parrents out tharr who do try 'n' do provide a nice life fer their children. In fact, I praise ye. It be the OTHER crowd. This chair be high says I! The ones who ha' no respect fer "family" er responsibility. ARR! The swabs who go into a sexual relationship (HA-harrdly even ha' those anymore) 'n' don't intend ta do anythin' ta prevent pregnancy. The world be gettin' cramped as it is, we don't need a anymore children raised by parrents who don't give a fuck. Bein' a buccaneer doesn't mean writin' a check.

Enough. ha' a great day!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I meet someone new, and I want to get to know them better, I ask "what is your passion? What one topic would keep you up all night without tire?" For me, this is music.

So many thought swirling around in my head this morning. Little Box got me up on my soap box (relation?) about music with his post. See my comments. There are so many great songs out there on the radio. Unfortunately for the music aficionado like myself there are at least three times as many crappy songs out there. Weed through the crap, however, and you can find some real gems. For example, Missy Elliott's "Music Make Me Lose Control" is a relentless display of poor grammar and ignorance, however, the texture of the music and backbeat are really cool. The ascending runs (synthesized computer, I'm sure) in the background are great. In classical music, you'll find similar runs, but not often in pop/rock/hip-hop. Black-Eyed-Peas have officially captured my ears. I own their two most recent CDs and cannot find a thing wrong with them! 21st century Funk, reminiscent of James Brown. I wish the Barenaked Ladies would put out a new album. Oh, and BTW, let's stop calling them records. Yes, they are recordings, but we're not cutting vinyl anymore. "Album" will suffice. If anyone would like to discuss music some more, I'd be happy to.

Next on the agenda is Baby's Mamas. Inspired by Hip-Hop, I'm all a rant about the total lack of responsibility in society today! CONDOMS PEOPLE! It has become socially acceptably to fuck a chick, get her knocked up, and get on welfare. Yeah, accidents happen, condoms break, pills fail, etc. But, hell, I think people aren't even trying anymore. I mean no disrespect to the single parents out there who do try and do provide a nice life for their children. In fact, I praise you. It is the OTHER crowd. The ones who have no respect for "family" or responsibility. The people who go into a sexual relationship (HA-hardly even have those anymore) and don't intend to do anything to prevent pregnancy. The world is getting cramped as it is, we don't need a anymore children raised by parents who don't give a fuck. Being a father doesn't mean writing a check monthly.

Enough. Have a great day!

J

3 Comments:

Blogger John from IP address: said...

CLB, I was chatting with a mate this morning...what sort of woman do you go for? Cardboard? Paperboard? Do you think brown boxes should date white boxes? Or do you prefer styofoam and bubble wrap? Or am I WAY off base and do you find human women as hot as I do?

Just trying to learn more about you. Share with all of us...write a post about your love life....or atleast what you find attractive. I may have someone in mind.

J

9:38 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

LH,

If you pee your pants, there's a REAL hot Klenex box I could send your way.

J

1:49 PM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Stopped by for a sec to say hi to everyone *waves*

Now that yall are sick to death of that **ehem** music you speak of, how bout listening to something really good? I shall, now, crank up the Chris Cornell playlist I have put together. Everything from Soundgarden, his stints with Rage Against The Machine, his solo stuff, his current Audioslave endeavors and even some really good ol' Temple of the Dog. Rock on, all my Lovelies!

(word verification: hgdrfh=haggard fish?)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home