Monday, September 26, 2005

Where's the Chief, 99?

RIP
Don Adams

1923-2005

I remember sitting in Grandpa's room singing along with the "Get Smart" theme as it played on Nick at Nite. I wanted him to foil KAOS every night. My favorite was the "would you believe....?" scenes. I wanted his Mom to learn his true job. What WAS 99's real name? They even called her mother Mrs. 99!

And poor Brain. He did ALL the hard work. Uncle Gadget was such a goof. I loved it when he tried to "go go Gadget copter" and would fly upside down! I had a crush on Penny--though I wish they'd not changed her voice.

What a great job he did bringing joy to my young heart!

RIP.

J

4 Comments:

Blogger John from IP address: said...

He was 82.

"Missed it by >that< much"

11:15 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Ever since CLB died this place has been a ghost town.

:(

J

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous from IP address: said...

Though gone, CLB's spirit is everywhere and always watching ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

She left a comment somewhere (thought it was your blog) saying she was in and out all week. She has European visitors or something. Like an inverse European vacation.

J

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home