Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I win!

Recently I met a girl. She told me she was dating someone. Normally, this would bother me. Normally, I'm a nice guy. Normally, I would've played the role of "friend" and end up missing out.

Not this time.

I played my cards perfectly. Her friend, S, told her she should leave C and date me. Then I met her Mom. Mom told her to dump C and date me.

Then I kissed her.

Was that a sin? Probably. Was it good? Hell yeah! Do I feel guilty? Not too much. My point was loud and clear: I'm interested. I told her that I wanted to do the right thing and if she decided to stay with C, then I would be respectful and support her. I told her that I could only promise my best. I couldn't promise it'd be all sunshine and lolli-pops, but I promised I'd give her my all.

Must've worked.

Last night we had another date. It was nice, too. On our way home she told me that everyone in her family wants her to dump C. She's told me about this fella. He's a dick. She needs to leave him regardles. I told her this last night, too. I said that even if she doesn't want to date me, she needs to NOT date him any longer. He's no good for her. I walked her to her door. She invited me to THE family dinner in two weeks. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, greataunts, great grandparents.

We kissed again.

I could've sworn I drove to work this morning, but all I see is Cloud 9.

A nice guy CAN play dirty and win.

J

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Honey, I don't think you played the bad guy at all. What you did was honest and sincere. You put her first, by allowing her to make the choice. I'm glad it worked out, too! It's wonderful to think about the possibilities of a relationship, vs. a couple of dates. It sounds like she is thinking the same way. Keep your spot in Cloud 9. It can last a LOT longer than you think :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Amy, I've missed you! I hope all is well. E-mail me sometime!

Word Ver: qzvlqqg - Guiness Record for most q's without a vowell.

J

11:03 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

I hope you won't be too disappointed that kissing the girl while she was dating someone else wasn't a sin. No sacramental vows were exchanged. Dating is not marriage. :)

When I was in high school, I wrote a little song called "Mafia Hitmen Need Love Too." I wish I still had the lyrics, but then again, maybe it's a good thing I don't.

Hooray for you!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home