Monday, October 17, 2005

Whadda Weekend

Happy Monday All!

I had a fantabulous weeekend...right up until the trip home. My g/f and I were leaving some friends and family after spending the afternoon with them and I turned to hug a friend and she turned and got in her car. "What no hug for me?"

"No."

We all laughed, assuming she was kidding and poking at me like we'd all been doing to each other all day.

I followed her to her car and she rolled down the windows and with tears in her eyes said "You've been kind of a jerk all day and I'm not sure I want to hang out with you again."

I discussed with aforementioned g/f and she was as shocked as I was. We spent the next thirty minutes trying to figure out where the root of those comments were.

It was all downhill from there. The bad news kept piling up. After the 2 hour trek home, we were all on the ragged edge of our emotions and tired as hell. She decided to stay with me last night, cuz cuddling is more fun than laying in bed alone when you're this worn out emotionally, so we had swung by her place on my way home.

Well, it is a new day. The sun is shining. Work isn't too bad today. Maybe my friend will call me tonight so we can talk about what I did to hurt her.

J

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

I'm not ragging on your friends, but again I must ask where do you meet these people? They all seem to be very fragile emotionally or am I reading to much into this and you really are just a jerk ;)

12:13 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Who knows. She IS very fragile. She does demonstrate periodic depressive tenencies.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Pirate from IP address: said...

Hitman that's bad when your friends decide they don't like you any more and you can't figure it out. You need to call her dude.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

J, I sometimes have a hard time hearing certain things - quick conversations get me the worst. Yeah, I'm losing some of my hearing WAY too early. Umm, anyway, sometimes I'll hear something completely different from what someone actually said. Is there a chance that she just misunderstood, completely, one or two sentences? Sorry 'bout that. Hope it works itself out.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl from IP address: said...

Huh. I hate that. You at least need to know what you did (in her perception).

10:07 PM  
Blogger Heather from IP address: said...

You wonder how people can be mad at you, then you air out the fact that they can have "periodic depressive tendencies" to strangers on the internet...

Not to play devil's advocate, but this girl might have a point.

7:47 AM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

I'm posting a little late in the game. Does your friend actually like like you? Pardon the middle schoolishness of that. Your girlfriend is relatively new, no? Perhaps said friend really liked you, and to see you with a girlfriend...broke her heart?

Unless of course, she's a lesbian.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home