Monday, December 19, 2005

Freaking Cold

It's the price I chose to pay. I keep the A/C vents in my office wide open. In the summer, I get WAY too hot. Unfortunately, it is cold as HECK in here right now. I have my jacket on and my fingers are going numb.

This weekend was OUTSTANDING! Friday night I met up with some old friends and met some new friends. We had a few drinks and listened to a band. It was off the chain! I even shook my groove thing just a bit.

I spent the whole weekend out of town. Did some shopping, caught up on old times, ate WAY too much and just relaxed. It was what I needed.

I STILL haven't gotten any word on THE big thing we're all crossing our fingers for....I don't want to get pushy and call them back, but on the other hand, the anxiety is eating a hole in my stomach!

Happy Monday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pirate from IP address: said...

how cold does it get in Mississippi?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

Hitman J,
You might want to rethink the collective human decision not to grow fur. It is quite handy to have. If you still refuse to grow fur, however, I do not recommend taking the fur from a living animal. Consumption of hot buttered rum would be a better alternative.

Are you wearing boxing gloves like StrongBad?

2:45 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Pirate, today weather.com reported "37, feels like 31." That is not uncommon for this part of MS (mid western part, by the river).

Brad, I have grown enough furr to make me the topic of many locker-room jokes...however, with your outlook, I guess that just makes me an advanced form of the species!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Monkey from IP address: said...

I'm with Brad. Grow some fur dammit. Some more fur. I promise I will groom you when things get icky.

(Welcome to Primate chat...)

I love to shake my groove thing. It's large, furry and round. Hope your anxiety passes soon. I would insert a fortune cookieism here: "All good things will come to you", but I quit that job.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

Hitman J, here is my Family Tree.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

You want cold do ya? How about the fact that it was 4 degrees this morning. I had to let my car warmup for 20 minutes. There is also a windchill advisory in effect. Hi today 20 degrees.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

Brrr. I went to college in the Midwest, and the winters were brutal. Between the time I left the dorm to the time I got to class, I felt as if iron filings had filled my nose. I got icicles in my fur all the time. When I got to class, the icicles would melt all over the floor, and then the professor would say, "Brad the Gorilla! Would you kindly step outside until you dry off?" No one even offered me a towel.

I was able to finegle the wirings of the dorms and buildings so that it would feel somewhat tropical inside. Then, people complained about the heat. For some reason, people always seemed to think it was my fault. What gives? Of course it was my fault, but why did they always have to assume it was my fault?!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home