Friday, December 16, 2005

Short Days Suck Less

I've got the afternoon off. Now don't go get all hostile on me....I took a ½-day of vacation.

Today, I wish for luck and Karma. Some things lay before me that would make me a very happy hitman. I want to shout it from the rooftops. I want to tell you all about it. If I did, it wouldn't hapen and I'd be miserable...that's usually the way it happens right? I'm doing my best to be my best and live a good life...just in case Santa has anything to do with it. Many of you know how unhappy I've been. For a brief moment, let me be selfish and ask you to wish me luck.

On another note...I want to say Merry Christmas to all my blog readers. I've added some festive decor to my template. To those of you who would get on soapboxes, let me ask you this: Would an atheist say "God Bless you"? Probalby not. Therefore, as a Christian, one who believes Jesus was the Son of God and was born to life and died for my sins, I say Mery Christmas. This is the season we, as Christians, chose to celebrate our Lord's birth, though many would say it is historically inacurate. I also choose to partake in the lighting of a christmas tree, singing Yuletide carols, wrapping and giving of presents, and belief in Santa Claus. Yes, these things may be based in Pagan ritual, however, these things have brought me joy throughout many many years. These things have brought my family closer together and closer to God. Whatever these things MAY have represented, so be it. To me, they represent "the most wonderful time of the year." If you choose to not celebrate the way I do, may you enjoy your life, your beliefs and your traditions with the same zeal and vigor that has brought me and mine so much joy.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, but most of all I wish you and your loved ones Joy and Happiness all life long!

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Well said, this time of year should be about family and faith (if you so believe), but the spirit of Christmas should last all year. Thank you for the kind wishes.

ps: I super jealous of your half-day off.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

I hate when I do that!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I meant *I'm* super jealous.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Monkey from IP address: said...

Merry Christmas! You like trees? If you have time, come over and see mine. (It's hidden a few posts down, but you'll find it.)

Now I have that song stuck in my head and a craving for tuna carpaccio. What's wrong with me?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

This Monkey person has comments in the double-digits. He has gotten as many as 80 comments just for one post. I am jealous! I am going to throw a fit. Wait, no, I am a grownup, I can handle this. I am merely going to seethe. Here goes:

Seethe, seethe, seethe.

Enough seething. I'm going to pull his tail when he's not looking.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

Now, Brad, you've got to pull yourself together. Rather than pulling Monkey's tail, you might politely ask him if he wants to be friends.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Brad the Gorilla from IP address: said...

No! I'm going to pull his tail!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners from IP address: said...

So, are you a happy hitman or a sad hitman?

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home