Monday, January 23, 2006

2 of each

I even put a weather bug on my damn blog and I STILL was caught by surprise at all the rain. I had to help Noah load up the Ark yesterday. It was pretty rough. All of the cotton and rice fields by my house were under water and most of the roads, too.

I wanted to just stay home and eat pizza. So I called Pizza Hut:

"there's a 2-hour delivery time."
"Why?"
"Have you been outside today, sir?"
"Yes, ma'am, I just got back from a trip to Arkansas. The roads are fine, just a little water. I'll come pick up my pizza myself"
"It will be ready in 30 minutes."

It took the normal amount of time to get there. Yeah, there were a few puddles, but I was able to get through them in my full-size sedan car. There were rednecks in LARGE PICKUPS going 5 mph! Jeez. Then when I got there, I found out why they were telling everyone 2 hours...to scare them away. The delivery guy was in the back say "no more deliveries to **, XX, and YY streets!"

I spent the day watching football and working on my computer. Nothing fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

I love staying in all weekend. Usually my goal is to stay in my pajamas the entire time. I actually get grumpy if I have to go somewhere (this is only a winter affliction).

What happened to "New Music Mondays"?

9:12 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

"New Music Mondays" No idea what your talking about.

You can torture me all you want.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Are you yanking my chain? You do remember right?

You don't have to change my link, you can call my site "cock puppet" for all I care, just as long as we're linked awwwwww!

12:19 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Once again, I dissavow ALL knowlege of "Music Review Mondays"

I've already said too much.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

I just came back to check, I would've sworn you were gonna change it to "cock puppet", I like it though. I almost called the site "Nonny's Nooner" and was gonna post everyday at noon, but I hate to be on a schedule :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

No reason for all that vulgarity on my site, so Nonnsense (spelled with TWO Ns) sounded good.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Hazed from IP address: said...

Hey, if yall want to critique some music, we could definately dissect some of that industrial metal or some of the newer bands who have managed to cross the Pop/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal boundaries. My children are so evil, they have me listening to HIM (yes, it's a band name), Slipknot and The Gorillaz. Bad girls! I really need to crank up the Disturbed (yeah, they teeter, sometimes), Tool and Deftones, to cleanse my palate.

*pecks to J and all*

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home