Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Work too much?

If you don't have a PDA, get one!

Then, you have all kinds of opportunities to earn a raise!

You see, raises come in two ways. The first is the traditional more pay for same work type of raise. These are hard to come by.

The easier to attain raise is to do LESS work for the same pay. Scott Adams, author of 'Dilbert' offers some work avoidence strategies. My favorite is making your office/cube/desk look like you'll be right back. Leaving the light on, books open, jacket on the back of the chair, etc.

My recomendation is to take mini-vacations. No one complains about someone using the bathroom too long...at least not typically. So, grab your PDA, load it full of fun games like Spider Solitare, and head to your favorite stall.

Remember two important points: turn off the sound, and take your ID badge off your belt so the guy in stall #2 doesn't see who's next to him for 15 minutes.

J

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz from IP address: said...

Don't you just have to break a couple extra legs to get a raise?

11:47 AM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

no, breaking shins only earns me a paycheck...to get a raise, I have to find a new and creative way to make it look like an accident. This makes me a preferred choice, so I can charge more.

J

12:51 PM  
Blogger John from IP address: said...

Cell phones aren't permitted at my work for that very reason. But, they can't take away my PDA!

J

4:44 PM  
Blogger madge from IP address: said...

spider solitaire pretty much rules.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home